Moodle is an open source Virtual learning environment-VLE- software designed around the needs of teachers. It provides a powerful package with tools that extend learning beyond the classroom. The basic features of Moodle include:
- Fully configurable design and environment.
- Ideal for 100% online classes as well as corroborative teaching for face to face training.
- Simple, efficient and compatible with mobile browsers.
- Has the ability to upload, execute and collect data from sources of sound, image, video, and pdfs.
- Integration with other systems, including Open Badges, Activity Directory, Google Drive & You Tube.
- Simple and easy creation of courses, management and transfer of old files.
- Discussion forums, chat rooms and survey tools, in over 100 languages.
- RSS feeds, blogs, wikis and quiz engine.
- No charges for the program License, giving confidence in its effectiveness based on its low cost.
Moodle features, among many others, tools for:
- Comprehensive user management, controlled access and role-hierarchy attribution
- User rating
- Progress monitoring
- Students know the course and their obligations
- Asynchronous and synchronous communication
- Online version certificates
- Content plagiarism control using plagiarism plugins
- Mobile learning
- Open Source, GNU General Public License
- IMS LTI™ Certified
- SCORM-ADL compliant (SCORM 1.2 or AICC)
- Mozilla’s Open Badges
- LDAP διασύνδεση για μεγάλες επιχειρήσεις
Fully covers the requirements and guidelines of distance learning systems’ implementation in the context of calls for participation in co-financed operation actions.
Το Moodle ..
- Trusted by more than 80 million users
- Designed more than 7.5 million on-line courses
- Translated into 130 languages
- Used in 236 countries
- In the Top 100 Tools for Learning: # 1 Course Management System
Declared applications from:
Universities, Schools, KEK-IEK, Government agencies, banks, healthcare organizations, military agencies, airlines, oil companies, independent teachers, special educators, etc.
Used by leading companies worldwide. Indicatively:
Moodle Learning Management System
One minute overview of Moodle.