Are you sure that your platform is working properly? More than 80% of the installations of Moodle stay with the default settings of the software by not taking into account the necessary requirements and procedures for security & performance optimization.
As a free and open source software application, Moodle can be used by many people, who take the responsibility to install and to configure even if they are not «IT experts or system administrators».
If you are one of them and you are hosting your Moodle site you should be 99.9% sure that you have done everything right to prevent spamming and to operate safely.
The security check is a service where we work with the administrator of your Moodle site to ensure that everything is as it should be in terms of proper installation, performance, security, and optimization. WIDE Services covers many items as described in the section "Installing and Configuring Moodle".
WIDE Services undertakes to proceed in an integrated platform control to determine whether the installation is done properly and according to the rules proposed in moodle.org for security & performance.
In Moodle setup the checks are related to settings in the security options issues, user roles and settings, backups, authentication and more. Correspondingly the server checks are related to topics like attacks from hackers, folder rights, PHP-MySQL-Apache configuration, backups and more.
At the end of the check WIDE Services will deliver a report with the proposed changes need to be made to ensure the safety of the platform. If any such observations exist and if the client will conform with the instructions that will appear in the report, then WIDE Services will issue a certificate of proper installation and configuration of the platform. A rechecking of the platform is performed on the compliance activities of the client’s group of administrators who will undertake the correction of our observations or we can assume entirely apart from their identification and correction.
- The check of the installation of the platform and the server is done only upon written confirmation from the customer.
- Cooperation with the Server administrator is necessary in order to provide information for the hosting server.
- The company will identify potential safety gaps and propose on occasion possible solutions and improvements that will be followed by the customer to ensure the stability of the platform, but also for the issuance of any proper installation and configuration of the platform certificate.
- The company will NOT take any settings repair action on the platform or the server as part of the control. Depending on the findings that will emerge from report, the Customer may assign separately in WIDE Services, if he wants, the responsibility for the compliance of the platform with international guidelines. The customer will be informed of the cost required for compliance when the test is complete and delivered to the relevant report.
- The checks will be made on the platform will not affect or impair in any way the operation of the system in its present form. The tools and techniques that will be used only read information or simple navigation of the platform is performed by Moodle Administrators without updating changing or altering in any way the settings on the client platform.
Many times the term hacker and Cracker considered the same, but they are not. The cracker is trying to find gaps in your system and exploit them for his own benefit, either by selling the items in your database to third parties or filling your networked computers with Trojan / viruses or anything, for a profit.
The hacker is the one who tries to find the gaps in your system. Not for his own benefit, but for yours, he will find them before any cracker and help you fix them.
Penetration testing is done in a network, server even application level and can save you from poor structural problems on your network, not upgraded software or badly written code that allows a cracker to gain access to your system, like if the computer was in his living room. To achieve this, the hacker will simulate a real attack by the methods and tools used by the cracker.
By making a penetration test with WIDE Services in your eLearning platform, you will be informed about the level of security you have and all security gaps. More than 80% of the test we have made have revealed to our customers large gaps and serious mistakes in the installation of Moodle or the hosting server.
So if you need a safe and reliable Moodle site now, please contact us. We will be glad to help you in any way.
In WIDE Services we do not simply say that we know and can provide services, demonstrate our experience and reliability, with the certifications, the official partnerships with international and domestic companies and organizations and of course with the rich CVs of our team experts! We know how to innovate in eLearning and that is why we are different and trusted...